Blogger Book Swap

Saturday, December 21, 2013

I was reading over at The Emerald Dove this morning, and was completely intrigued on her post about a recent book swap! The book swap was put on by the incredible Rosie of A Rosie Outlook. You can read all about it here! I thought that this would be such a fun thing to be a part of, and I think it is something that really brings the blogging community closer together. I just love stuff like this!

Unfortunately, the book swap is now over, so I thought I would put on one myself. Rosie's outline for the book swap was basically perfect, so I will basically be using the same one. Here are the rules..

If you want to swap, leave a comment telling me:

1. Your name
2. Your e-mail address
3. Your blog if you have one, so your partner can get to know you!
4. If you have a specific genre you mainly read, then list that too.  If you're happy to read anything then leave this part out! And if there is any genre you really don't like, post that here so I can pass it onto your swapper!

If you list something in number 4 I'll try and match you with someone with the same interests but no promises!

After I match everyone up with a swapper you will then spend a couple of weeks exploring your local thrift shops, second-hand bookshops, garage sales sales, Amazon used - whatever - for two amazing books that you love. They must be good, clean copies - they don't have to be brand new but they have to be in what would call 'very good condition'. You then send both copies out to your allotted swapee, maybe with a little treat for them to enjoy their books with ;) (Feel free to send more books if you like but two is what you can expect from your partner).


Obviously if you enjoy your partners choices you can continue to keep swapping with each other, but this will just be a one time thing if you do not desire to do that!


You need to leave your comments by Monday, December 30th to be involved. After I collect everyone's information, I will email people their matches by Monday, January 6th. To keep things going, you guys will have until January 31st to get your books out to your fellow swapper. Deal?!




Also, it can be a book you already have, but it has to be a book you enjoyed so you can recommend it on to others.

I think that this will be really fun, inexpensive thing to do with everyone to get to know each other a little better. I sure hope some of you are interested!

Let the swapping begin wonderful ladies!

p.s- I just want to say again that this idea was take from the lovely Rosie. I take no credit whatsoever for coming up with this awesome idea. I just thought it would be a really fun thing to do, especially since her first book swap was only open to UK readers in order to keep mailing cost down. Thanks Rosie for an awesome idea!

*image via Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. DEAL

    1. Hi I'm Emma.
    2. emma.j.phelps@gmail.com
    3.Tightrope to the Sun
    4. I like poetry and young adult fiction but will read anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice idea!

    1. I'm Jess.
    2. jessicaeeebrown (at) gmail.com
    3. cantshutitup.blogspot.com
    4. Not sure on a specific genre, but Haruki Murakami and Sebastian Faulks are two of my favourite authors if that helps!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your loveliest of lovely comments! :)

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...