Broken

Saturday, February 9, 2013

So earlier this week I grabbed my friend Emily and headed off to one of my favorite parks to take some pictures. This was kind of an intense photo shoot, and these photos really mean something to me. I put a lot of thought into these. They are inspired by someone I used to love and care for deeply. I guess the meaning behind these photographs is a person who has given up everything. They have been completely taken over by either a substance or by their own mind. I chose to depict this with cigarettes. It is just the hopelessness of someone feeling like they are trapped by something bigger than themselves. They are lost. They want to get away from it and free themselves, but they just can't. I don't know if that makes any sense, but that is the point I was trying to get across with these photos.

I have been in such a picture taking mode lately. I just keep writing down photo projects or ideas. My mind is on creative overload right now. I am hoping some cool things stem out of it. I don't really know where to start. Hopefully I can figure out something to do this next week.
Here are some random pictures I took while taking pictures. These are just some pictures I snapped as we were walking along. I love taking pictures blindly. It is amazing the pictures you come out with when you don't look through the view finder.

Well I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend! I am planning on making a dent in all these books I got from the library. I think I over did it just a bit, but I am determined to read all of them! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. How fun/interesting! Cool photos. Thanks for all of the sweet comments! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) and thank you for all of YOUR sweet comments!

      Delete

I appreciate your loveliest of lovely comments! :)

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...