Holding On

Monday, December 10, 2012

It is funny the songs you will come across when you put your ipod on shuffle. That is exactly how I came across "Holding On" by Scary Kids Scaring Kids, and boy was it a trip down memory lane. So two years ago I was dating a fella that was really into this music, so I really took a liking to it as well. Ever since then it kind of stuck. This was the second show I had EVER been to with this kind of music, and it just happened to be the Scary Kids Scaring Kids farewell show. Depressing I know. When you listen to this song you will most likely learn something you never knew about me. Yes, I still like this music. I don't listen to it all that often, but it holds a very special place in my heart. Every once in a while I get in the mood to listen to this music, and I am currently in one of those moods. It has been fantastic.
 
So because it only happens every once in a while I don't have too much music like this. Anyone have any recommendations of bands like this?? Anything would be fantastic. Please don't think differently of me when you hear this. I promise it is good!
 
 
 
This live video is actually from their show in Utah at Murray Theatre! Believe it or not, I am one of those bobbing heads. Haha I know the video is pretty crappy quality, but I just had to post it. I mean I was there! I am probably in the video. Man, that was such a fun show. After Scary Kids Scaring Kids finished Saosin played. It was so fantastic.
 
I am sorry if this wasn't your cup of tea, but it is part of who I am. I seriously have such a soft spot for this type of music as strange as it sounds. I might not listen to it all that often, but it never fails to give me chills every time it happens to come on shuffle.
 
Tomorrow will officially be the end of finals for me. Can I get a hallelujah?! Like for real, I can't believe my brain hasn't completely melted out of my head. I would say finals have been a success based on this fact alone. Now that school is over, I am trying to figure out what to do with this much needed break. I can't really think of anything. Hopefully I will be going to some fun shows! I already have a few in mind I plan on attending. Can you say You Me & Apollo?? Oh yeah!
 
Other than that I am trying to find something fun to do on New Years'. I am really hoping to find something awesome considering this will probably be my last one I can celebrate for two years. I actually really enjoy New Years'. I like the traditions that come with it. It has just always been a favorite for me. I have never had some extravagant New Years' experience or anything. Honestly, I think most people have WAY to high of expectations for it. I just think celebrating the start of a new year is something worth celebrating I guess. I am pretty sure I am not making any sense. Finals have ruined me you guys. I for real think I need to just sleep for a straight week. I will let you know how that goes.
 
Happy Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your loveliest of lovely comments! :)

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...