20 Before 21

Thursday, December 20, 2012

So as I mentioned in my last post, this last weekend was my birthday. Last year I made myself a 19 Before 20 list which I failed at miserably. I think it was because I didn't really take the time to think of things I REALLY wanted to do. I am going to try it again this year, and I will see if it actually works. If I don't do anything on it I will stop. I really don't like lists like this. That is why I never come up with New Years' resolutions. I tried to think of things that could actually happen. Just fun and silly things really. I think it will help to put the list on the blog, so I can cross things off as I go! Maybe that will give me some motivation. I guess we will see. Here is what I came up with..

20 Before 21
  1. Black & White Concert Project
  2. Do a "What I Wore" post on the blog everyday for a month
  3. Learn how to ride a fixed gear
  4. Go to Moab
  5. Take a legit train somewhere
  6. Black & White Film Project
  7. Learn how to sail
  8. Finish the Book of Mormon
  9. Run a 5K
  10. Go to a Grouplove concert
  11. Go to Sundance Film Festival
  12. Make a video for every month
  13. Read all the Harry Potter books
  14. Put turquoise in my hair
  15. Don't go shopping for a month
  16. Stand under the Eiffel Tour
  17. See a concert in Europe
  18. Hike Mt. Olympus
  19. Get a pizza box drawing
  20. Dance on stage with a band at a concert

That is quite the list isn't it? I am pretty stoked about it. I have a lot to look forward to this next year. I feel like I should explain some of the things on here. Really just the black & white projects. For the black & white concert project I want to take one photo of every single band I see starting Jan. 1! Pretty awesome right? I might need to get a good camera for this though. I will have to figure that out.
For the second black & white project I want to take pictures of every day happenings. Things like people walking their dog, grocery shopping, or meeting a friend at a cafe. Of course I am going to do this all in film which is my favorite way to take pictures. I love not knowing how a picture is going to turn out. Getting film developed is always so exciting. My first semester of college I took a dark room photography class, and I have been in love with film ever since. There really is just something about film. It is such a hands on process. You seriously take care of that photo from the point you take until it is printed on a piece of photo paper. I don't really know how to explain it. I just love film, and that is why I don't have a digital camera.

Now for some random stuff. I played the piano for the first time in probably six months last week. It was kind of crazy. I just have these random days were I just sit down at the piano, and end up playing for three hours strange. It is quite strange. I kind of have this love hate relationship with the piano. In all, I have probably only taking about a year and a half of piano lessons my whole life.. maybe. I mostly taught myself to play, and by teaching myself I mean learning to play by ear. I was actually pretty good at it, but that talent quickly faded. Turns out if you don't continually train yourself to play by ear, it kind of goes away. Who knew?!
I have never really known what I want from the piano. For a very long time I was planning on becoming a music therapist. Music has always kind of been my thing. It has been the only thing I have had at some points in time. I don't know. I guess I don't know where I would be without music, and I know a lot of people feel this same way. I get really cheesy when I talk about music, so I should probably stop talking about it. Haha Really the only thing I guess I have to say is I believe that music is the one thing that connects us all. It is the one thing that people agree on, and it is the one thing that I believe makes us one. Does that make any sense? Probably not. I am going to stop now. I guess I have a love hate relationship with the piano, because I am disappointed in myself that I gave up on it. That is why I don't play anymore. It just reminds me of what I gave up on. I know it will always be a part of me though. That is why every six or so months I can't help but play. It is kind of the love of my life, or something like that. I am just always amazed at how I cannot play for six months, and then start playing like I never stopped. I guess I will never get it. It's just a part of me.

I watched the movie Like Crazy yesterday. I should not watch that movie. Haha It just makes me think way to much, and it makes me all creative and crap. I don't have time for this nonsense! I woke up, and all I wanted to do was grab my camera and head up the mountains. Or go to a book store, and wander around for hours. The sad thing is this won't go away for probably a week. I guess I will just have to give in at some point.

Well that is enough rambling for one day. I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your loveliest of lovely comments! :)

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...